The National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC) awarded to the SC State Historical Records Advisory Board (SC SHRAB) an $80,000 grant to conduct a regrant project for South Carolina’s local governments, historical records repositories (e.g. historical societies, colleges and universities, museums, public libraries, churches) and professional organizations. The type of projects to be funded include:
- Access: Arrangement and Description
Identifying, organizing, and improving access to historical records.
Implementing solutions to the challenges of preserving records with permanent historical value
- Program Enhancement
Activities to expand and/or strengthen programs in the state's historical records repositories and local governments
- Archival Education and Training
Workshops, seminars, and other means of instruction and information on archives practices and policies
Key Dates (Note April Due Dates):
- Letter of Intent due (required): April 15, 2022
- Information Sessions (attendance at one is required): to explain the regrant opportunities, the application process, and answer questions
- April 28, 2022 at 10:00am
- Draft Proposal due (optional): April 20, 2022
- Final Applications due: May 31, 2022
Detailed information on the regrant can be accessed by going to: https://scdah.sc.gov/shrab-regrant-program
Contact: Erin Lowry, SHRAB Coordinator at email@example.com or 803-896-6128 with questions or to register for a Virtual Information Session.