The South Carolina Archival Association Annual Conference is back, and it’s in person this year! After several years of meeting virtually, SCAA is happy to return to an in-person format at the University of South Carolina Upstate Library on Friday, October 20, 2023. This year’s conference theme is “Spark Ideas,” and it encompasses just about any topic you want to share. From your latest projects to new tools and ways to approach familiar workflows, or creative ways you’ve used outreach to grow collections or collaborate with others, we want to hear all about it! We’re also encouraging participation by students, whether MLIS candidates or undergraduates you’ve collaborated with on research, digital projects, or exhibits. Poster presentations will also be solicited, with a separate CFP going out in late August for posters.
The SCAA Board of Directors, which serves as the Annual Conference Planning Committee, invites you to submit proposals for presentations relating to the theme of “Spark Ideas," including but not limited to the following:
- Advocacy, diversity, and inclusion in archival research, education, training, and collections
- Case studies highlighting collections or resources within collections
- Creative approaches to funding, physical resources, and staffing
- Innovative strategies for outreach and community partnerships
- Making our collections accessible to a wider range of patrons and audiences
- Successful methodologies for creating and sustaining collections management policies
- Raising awareness of collections through events, exhibits, and publications
Additional details regarding presentation proposals:
- Presentations can be done solo or in groups of 2-3 presenters.
- Time slots are 50 minutes; allow approximately 30-40 minutes for your presentation with 10-20 minutes for Q&A and to “Spark Ideas.”
- Proposals are due by August 7, 2023.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the SCAA Board of Directors, and presenters will be notified by September 1, 2023.
- NOTE: Please limit your proposal to 250 words maximum.
Both SCAA members and non-members are encouraged to submit. To submit a proposal, complete the SCAA 2023 Conference Proposal Submission Form. A separate call for poster session proposals will go out in late August.