It’s election season! For SCAA, elections were held during the business meeting at the recent Annual Conference. The results are:
- Brenda Burk, President
- Sarah Ferguson, Vice President/President Elect
- Ann Merryman, Secretary
- Tabitha Johnson, 1st year Director
- Harrison Gage, Membership Officer
They will be joining the following members to complete the Board for 2023-2024:
- Grant Robertson, Treasurer
- Kelly Hudson, 2nd year Director
- Tabitha Samuel, Webmaster
- Mari Noorai, Blog Editor
Registration is now open for the in-person 2023 SCAA Annual Conference at USC Upstate in Spartanburg, SC on Friday, October 20, 2023.
Don't miss the keynote speaker Leah Worthington, Digital Projects Librarian at the College of Charleston, and other presenters representing a variety of institutions, including public libraries, academic institutions, and community historical societies.
Visit the Events section of the SCAA website to view the Annual Meeting agenda, the full schedule of presentations, local hotel options, conference parking, the USC Upstate campus map, and the link to Eventbrite to REGISTER for the 2023 SCAA Annual Conference!
Register today!: http://www.scarchivists.org/index.php/events
Nominations are open for the vacancies for the 2024 SCAA Executive Board; a formal election will occur at the SCAA's annual meeting on October 20, 2023 at USC Upstate in Spartanburg, SC.
1st Year Director: Serves on the program committee, supports 2nd Year Director with organizing programs, including the SCAA annual meeting, throughout the year. Ideally, this is a minimum 2-year commitment with the role changing to that of the 2nd Year Director in year two of service on Executive Board.
Membership Officer: Oversees maintenance of membership lists, sends out dues notices, and other duties as requested by the Board. Ideally, this is a 2-year commitment.
A nominee has already been secured for the role of VP/President-Elect but if you have questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the chair of the nominating committee.
Please reach out to Mary Jo Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org), chair of the nominating committee, with questions or suggestions.
Are you feeling inspired after attending recent national conferences? Did it Spark Ideas for you? We've extended the deadline for session proposals to Tuesday, August 15th from the SCAA 2023 Annual Conference. Visit the 2023 Annual Conference page for the details and submission form.
The South Carolina Archival Association Annual Conference is back, and it’s in person this year! After several years of meeting virtually, SCAA is happy to return to an in-person format at the University of South Carolina Upstate Library on Friday, October 20, 2023. This year’s conference theme is “Spark Ideas,” and it encompasses just about any topic you want to share. From your latest projects to new tools and ways to approach familiar workflows, or creative ways you’ve used outreach to grow collections or collaborate with others, we want to hear all about it! We’re also encouraging participation by students, whether MLIS candidates or undergraduates you’ve collaborated with on research, digital projects, or exhibits. Poster presentations will also be solicited, with a separate CFP going out in late August for posters.
The SCAA Board of Directors, which serves as the Annual Conference Planning Committee, invites you to submit proposals for presentations relating to the theme of “Spark Ideas," including but not limited to the following:
- Advocacy, diversity, and inclusion in archival research, education, training, and collections
- Case studies highlighting collections or resources within collections
- Creative approaches to funding, physical resources, and staffing
- Innovative strategies for outreach and community partnerships
- Making our collections accessible to a wider range of patrons and audiences
- Successful methodologies for creating and sustaining collections management policies
- Raising awareness of collections through events, exhibits, and publications
Additional details regarding presentation proposals:
- Presentations can be done solo or in groups of 2-3 presenters.
- Time slots are 50 minutes; allow approximately 30-40 minutes for your presentation with 10-20 minutes for Q&A and to “Spark Ideas.”
- Proposals are due by August 7, 2023.
- Submissions will be reviewed by the SCAA Board of Directors, and presenters will be notified by September 1, 2023.
- NOTE: Please limit your proposal to 250 words maximum.
Both SCAA members and non-members are encouraged to submit. To submit a proposal, complete the SCAA 2023 Conference Proposal Submission Form. A separate call for poster session proposals will go out in late August.
Page 1 of 35