The South Carolina Archival Association (SCAA) annually recognizes archival leaders in the state. The SCAA invites nominations for the following awards:
· South Carolina Archivist of the Year: To a current SCAA member, in recognition of extensive years of exceptional service to the profession, particularly in South Carolina, and to forwarding the mission and goals of the South Carolina Archival Association.
· Career Achievement Award: In recognition of an extensive body of work on the preservation of historical material about South Carolina and of service to promoting their use, and generally rewarded upon retirement, relocation from South Carolina and similar events. Recipients do not have to be SCAA members.
· Program Innovation Award: To SCAA members, based upon criteria such as, but not limited to: Creating a viable archives where none existed; publishing materials that benefit archives or archivists; establishing successful new programs such as access to collections on the web or working with community groups to promote archives. Successful efforts should be South Carolina-based.
· Friend of the Archives Award: To an individual or organization which promotes, advocates, and/or defends archives and archival programs in South Carolina.
· President’s Award: The President of SCAA receives an award for service to the Association at the conclusion of their presidency.
The deadline for awards nominations is September 1, 2020.